[SR-Users] Problem with t_relay() and VPN tunnel

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Aug 6 02:02:41 CEST 2010

On 08/05/2010 07:58 PM, Carlos Ruiz Diaz wrote:

> 2) I am sorry, I think I did not understand the question. Did you mean
> if the messag exists when leaving tun0 in *B* going to tun0 in *A*?

My concern is that the packet is going out on eth0 despite being
intended to go out of tun0.  Try to do a packet capture on eth0 and look
for packets addressed to 10.8.0.0/24, which of course will not reach
their destination--but that's not the point.

Also, do you have the 'mhomed' option set to 1 in your Kamailio config?

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:3.0.x#mhomed

It is a requirement in this case.

> /tcpdump udp /shows packets coming from *B* when perl is running, but no
> packets are received using t_relay() and kamailio

That is because the source socket on the Perl script side is probably
interface-agnostic and just uses the IP routing table plainly.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC