[SR-Users] B2BUA removing a=nortpproxy:yes (rtpproxy-1 <---RTP---> rtpproxy-2)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Apr 26 14:05:03 CEST 2010

>> "-r" also works in case of NAT. The only difference is the initially
>> prefilled media address (that is just use in case of not receiving
>> media in the published port).
>
> But doesn't give you the default more security? I thought that "latching in"
> is only allowed from the prefilled IP address.

Are you sure? In my case when I receive an INVITE from my PSTN
gateways such INVITE comes from SIGNALING_IP while the SDP contains a
different SDP_MEDIA_IP. I call "force_rtpproxy()" with no flags so
RtpProxy prefills the media address with
"SIGNALING_IP:SDP_MEDIA_PORT". Anyhow the media comes from
SDP_MEDIA_IP:SDP_MEDIA_PORT and RtpProxy allows such incoming RTP, so
I don't know how such "latching in" security mechanism works (it
should reject such audio if "-r" is not used, right? but it doesn't
reject it so...).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>