[SR-Users] [Sems] Solutions to missing BYEs, accounting for them

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 23 20:55:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

in r1821 you can find my first shot at this scenario, a b2bua which
enables SST on both sides, and does the SDP ping pong as below.

I am sure that there are many cases which are not handled properly,
for example, if we have started one INVITE ping-pong from the B2B,
then we should not accept re-INVITE from the ends, but refuse them
with 491; atm I think the re-INVITE would just get relayed and two
INVITE transactions would be running simultaneously.

Another issue is what to do when re-INVITE fails, I think that this is
not handled properly at the moment (it is just ignored, but should
probably tear down both calls - that's the thing for, I guess).

A third todo is to pass the headers through. Possibly, this should be
implemented with a header filter or the like.

Regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services Consulting and Development

Warschauer Str. 24
10243 Berlin

tel:+491621366449
sip:sayer at iptel.org