[SR-Users] B2BUA removing a=nortpproxy:yes (rtpproxy-1 <---RTP---> rtpproxy-2)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Apr 23 14:59:23 CEST 2010

2010/4/23 Jesus Rodriguez <jesusr at voztele.com>:
> Hola Iñaki,
>

>> Hi, I must deal with a B2BUA which keeps the original SDP unchanged
>> except the fact that it removes the "a=nortpproxy:yes" line added by
>> RtpProxy.
>> The B2BUA intercommunicates two Kamailio, both forcing its own RtpProxy server.
>>
>> I've not tested it again but expect there will be no RTP as each
>> RtpProxy will wait for RTP coming from the other. Am I right?
>> Of course I could force RtpProxy just in NAT cases and so, but I
>> prefer to force it always so the clients of each Kamailio can
>> configure QoS for the media addresses (different in each server). Is
>> there some workaround for it?
>

> You can use "-f" with force_rtp_proxy() :
>
> f - instructs nathelper to ignore marks inserted by another nathelper in transit to indicate that the session is already goes through another proxy. Allows creating chain of proxies.

But the "problem" is that the SDP doesn't contain a=nortpproxy:yes" as
the B2BUA removed it. Then I don't need "-f" :)
But my question is, will be there media between both RtpProxies then?
Well, after reading "Allows creating chain of proxies" it seems that
it should be :)

>> In the other hand: is it possible two different Kamailio's to share
>> the same RtpProxy server? I've never tryied it. If it's valid, would
>> it solve the B2BUA issue? (I don't think so as there are still
>> different media sessions created by different kamailio instances).
>

> Yes, you can share the same rtpproxy with different Kamailios.

Great.

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo