[SR-Users] [Sems] Solutions to missing BYEs, accounting for them

Raphael Coeffic rco at iptel.org
Fri Apr 23 11:18:14 CEST 2010

On 23.04.10 09:51, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 04/22/2010 10:01 AM, Stefan Sayer wrote:
> ]
>> clean? I am not so sure any more, trying to hack something together to
>> see where this gets. Is there a clean and simple method to do re-invite
>> from the b2bua, which catches all the possibilities (changed session
>> etc)?
>>
>> e.g., one possibility, reinvite with last SDP from the other side
>
> From my understanding of SSTs, this is the correct approach (last
> known SDP).  This has the advantage of not breaking the changes of
> real re-INVITEs that actually happened.

Sending an empty INVITE has the appeal of working with either side (no
matter with which you begin). With the other, you might have to remember
which side initiated the last INVITE or UPDATE transaction, and send the
last positive SDP answer to this side as a re-INVITE. Or am I missing
something?

However, it might happen that the one of the ends does not support
receiving empty INVITEs... (less probable today).

Cheers
Raphael.