[SR-Users] [Sems] Solutions to missing BYEs, accounting for them

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Apr 22 13:55:35 CEST 2010

I'm definitely favouring the B2BUA+SST approach here.

I really, really don't want to proxy media unless I have to;  it makes
the bandwidth bill much higher, it lengthens many users' network path to
reach the carriers, and for no benefit whatsoever except in the case of
far-end NAT traversal, which applies to a minority of users.  If
anything, the aggregate effect on QoS in my case is probably worse if I
relay RTP than if I don't.

The B2BUA+SST approach seems clean, efficient, and at least from a
theoretical point of view, rather reliable.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC