[SR-Users] [Sems] Solutions to missing BYEs, accounting for them

Jeff Brower jbrower at signalogic.com
Wed Apr 21 16:56:52 CEST 2010

Alex, Juha-

> On 04/21/2010 05:43 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>
>> i would prefer a solution that does not involve sip-router dialog module
>> at all.  that module tries to accomplish something that is alien to the
>> definition of a sip proxy.
>
> In principle, I would prefer such a solution too;  however, my
> argument was that as far as I can tell (and that may not be very far),
> all presented avenues of solution are equidistantly complex and
> presently nonexistent.

We're intensely interested in the general case for this problem.  For example in our Kamailio + rtpproxy applications,
both software only and when we use DSP-based accelerator cards, we have several cases where rttproxy has to
asynchronously signal Kamailio (notify in some way).  Examples for us include encryption key update requests (e.g.
SRTP), detection of non-standard tones, some possible speech recognition situations.

So far there is not a standard mechanism that we've found, so anything you guys decide to do in this area is of
interest to us.

-Jeff