[SR-Users] [Sems] Solutions to missing BYEs, accounting for them

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Apr 21 11:43:15 CEST 2010

Alex Balashov writes:

 > However, we all have to make pragmatic concessions to
 > the realities of real-world operation, which I assume is the
 > motivation for dialog timeouts, dlg_bye(), and other perversions from
 > the point of view of a purist.  :-)
 >
 > I welcome your thoughts and suggestions about the easiest and most
 > technically meritorious approach.

alex,

i would prefer a solution that does not involve sip-router dialog module
at all.  that module tries to accomplish something that is alien to the
definition of a sip proxy.

just route your calls via sems as a b2bua and make it send the byes, if
media stops flowing.  if something is missing in order to allow that to
be easily implemented by dsm or ivr plugins, i'm sure stephan and
raphael will take care of it.

-- juha