[SR-Users] Unregister when tcp connection timeout

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 20:29:35 CEST 2010

On 4/20/10 7:30 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2010/4/20 Bruno Bresciani<bruno.bresciani at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi people, this is my first time that I writing to this list and I nedd some
>> help... When kamailio lost connection with a user registred over TLS
>> (timeout for examlple), I want this user be unregister in kamailio too. How
>> can I make this unregister?
>>
> It's a commendable feature request, but it's not implemented right now.

it might now be easy to catch connection lost (forward or wait state
case). Also, unregistering a contact is not really following the rfc,
anyhow, this is not something complex to add if you have the contact
details.

What you can do right now is to avoid trying to send if the connection
is not longer open, see:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:3.0.x#set_forward_no_connect

Contact is in memory, but no penalty for performances. Very useful for
NAT cases or when UA is supposed to keep the connection open.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla