[SR-Users] SQLOps question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 11:04:13 CEST 2010

On 4/19/10 1:35 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 04/18/2010 01:21 PM, Maciej Bylica wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to use SQLOps Module in my kamailio 1.5 configuration.
>>
>> According to your explanations every result of sql_query should be
>> freed just after using that data.
>> So it means that there will be better to fetch for THE SAME data three
>> times instead of just one.
>> Am I right?
>>
>> But nevertheless I've been trying to query just one and free the
>> result of the sql_query at the end of the file.
>> Could sb tell me if the result of sql query executed in the main part
>> of the script is remembered and could be used on failure route as
>> well?
>
> As far as I know, sqlops results are freed at the end of invocation of
> script processing of a given message, be that a request or a reply.
> They do not persist for the life of the transaction, and therefore
> cannot be reused in failure_route.
the sqlops query is freed either by the sql_result_free() or by another
sql_query() that stores over the same result id. So you can use the same
result for many sip messages, but withing the same process, the result
uses private memory.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla