[SR-Users] load balancing redirect

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Apr 15 23:44:05 CEST 2010

2010/4/15 Benjamin Lawetz <benjaminlawetz at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to setup Kamailio to act as a load-balancer in front of
> asterisk servers.
>
> I want it to do the following:
> - The UA sends an invite to Kamailio
> - Kamailio sends a 30x redirect to the UA (dispatcher)
> - The UA sends it's invite to the asterisk server

I strongly suggest not to do that. Instead:

- The UA sends an invite to Kamailio
- Kamailio uses LCR module to randomly select asterik-1 or asterisk-2.
- Kamailio sends the request to the selected asterisk.
- If there is a failure (to inspect in failure_route) Kamailio uses
next_ge() (LCR module) and routes the INVITE to the other asterisk.

This will work really better.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>