[SR-Users] Re-invite problems with t.38?

Thu Apr 15 13:27:20 CEST 2010

Am 15.04.2010 13:05, schrieb Espen Berg:
>> That's strange. You shouldn't allow requests with totag but without
>> loose-routing. But that's not related to your problem.
>
> Could that cause some problems for me?  If it has totag and have a route
> it should exit, else it should check if the current request is
> associated to a request, if ok it should relay else exit.
>
> How would you have written it?

I prefer this logic:

if (loose_route()) {
   if (!has_totag()) {
     xlog("L_WARN","$ci loose_route request without to-tag, 403...\n");
     sl_send_reply("403", "out-of-dialog loose_route not allowed");
     exit;
   }
   ... loose..route..processing
   ... NAT traversal...rtpproxy....
   t_relay();
}
initial call setup ...

>> IMO the config is a bit strange but I couldn't spot an error.
>
> I'd really hoped for an error here. :\
>
>> Trace the scenario with ngrep and take a look at the SDPs if they are
>> rewritten properly.
>
> I'm not able to spot any errors, the only error I'm able to see is that
> it seems to work one way.
>
> If A sends a fax to B
>
> This works with T.38:
> asterisk A <-> sipprovider <-> our trunk <-> kamailio/rtpp <-> asterisk
> <-> asterisk B (our asterisk)
>
> This fails with T.38, but works with G.711:
> asterisk B -> asterisk -> kamailio/rtpp -> our trunk -> asterisk ->
> asterisk A
>
> Could also be an Asterisk (A: 1.6.2.5/tested with 1.6.2.7rc, B: 1.6.2.6)
> or FFA bug.  But if I try to send the FAX directly via SIP from A <-> B
> without the proxy everything works OK, so therefore I believe the
> problem are related to my kamailio configuration.

Post the ngrep dump of the 2 different processes.

Furter use "ngrep udp" on the Kamailio/rtpproxy server to verify
RTP/UDPTL packet flows.

regards
klaus