[SR-Users] when mySQL is unreachable ...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 10:33:54 CEST 2010

On 4/13/10 8:39 PM, Alex rsm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Kamailio server uses an external mysql database with perl script to
> proxy traffic.
> When mysql server is unreachable, Kamailio do not respond with 100
> Trying and instead responses with 484 (Address Incomplete) to the
> INVITE message.
> Is this a normal behavior?
> I need to response with 503 when mysql is unreachable. Can I do it in
> kamailio.cfg or I need to implement it in the perl script?

kamailio is replying automatically in very few cases. In case you use
default confing, then 484 address incomplete is coming from the check
for calls not having a username in r-uri.

100 trying is sent by t_relay(). You can send 503 from config as you
need. mysql connectivity is hidden behind some modules, like
authentication, which will return false and from config will be a new
challenge (in this particular case). mysql module has support for
auto-connect.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla