[SR-Users] PVs in Regular Expression Transformations

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 20:31:36 CEST 2010

On 4/12/10 8:09 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>   >  ok, which reminds me that I wanted to add transformations for strip and
>   >  strip_tail for the sake of cfg easiness...
>
> those would would make my expression much simpler.

yes, i want them for same reason.

>    there is now some
> core functions like those that operate on $tu and once the functions you
> mention are available, we could remove the corresponding core functions.

i guess you wanted to say operate on $ru - strip() and strip_tail()
functions - indeed there are some core functions, removing might not be
easy since some people may want them for backward compatibility or
simplicity, but moving several "no-longer-often-used" core functions to
a module would be good.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla