[SR-Users] My wish

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sat Apr 10 09:04:56 CEST 2010

Alex Balashov writes:

 > However, this very same argument could be made against features like
 > 'include_file' and #!ifdef & friends, and some other things that have
 > made Kamailio 3.x much better than 1.x from a code management
 > perspective.  These features have revolutionised our deployment,
 > standardisation and maintenance process.

i agree and since i'm using M4 is have had no use of #!ifdef & friends,
because (as you point out) those alone are not powerful enough.  so
either embed all M4 features in sr or none and use M4 instead.

i vote for using core developer resources to add real new value rather
that re-implement M4 in sr.

-- juha