[SR-Users] My wish

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Apr 9 14:53:23 CEST 2010

Marius,

On 04/09/2010 08:50 AM, marius zbihlei wrote:

> I see what you mean, but I don't really know if it's possible, because
> at the time of module initialization some core cfg's might not be
> registered(especially for built-in modules which are initialized before
> sr_cfg_init() ).

I understand the practical obstacles, and that it may not be possible.

The reason I would like this is that I have a flexible configuration I
reuse that has different modules loaded, primarily based on
preprocessor macros (#!ifdef ... #!endif).  Thus, it is not possible
in advance to know which modules will be loaded, nor possible to
iterate through some list and combine them into a string, so I cannot do:

    modparam("mod1|mod2|mod3", "db_url", ...)

As a result, I have to have a manual db_url setting for every module
as well as at least one DB URL as an 'sqlcon' parameter to 'sqlops'.

It is very frustrating and tedious to have to deal with problems like
this.  I have written a Perl script to recursively update all db_url's
automatically, but it is an inelegant stopgap solution.  There are
also other situations in which the ability to include some sort of PV
or variable (that is statically initialised globally) in the modparams.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC