[Kamailio-Users] Version 3

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:54:02 CEST 2010

Hi Henning,

On 3/31/10 6:17 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 March 2010, Andreas Heise wrote:
>
>> thanks for the update, but seems to be that many users wait for 3.1 which
>> was announced as the first real sip-router release and is again a major
>> change which need effort to validate.
>>
> Hello Andreas,
>
> well, 3.1 will have an even better integration, to further blurry the border
> between the different parts coming from ser and kamailio. So in my opinion, if
> people wait, its more because of a 'don't trust a .0 release..' opinion. ;-)
>

>> Is there already a target date proposed for 3.1?
>>
> I don't think so, Daniel please correct me if i'm wrong. Normally it should be
> out something roughly six monts after 3.0, this would mean somewhere in July.

indeed, no fixed date by now. We should schedule a irc devel meeting
soon to sketch the roadmap for 3.1. There is a lot of new features, some
still need more polishing to be completed (at least what i started) and
the other work is related to merging some duplicated modules.

In another email I said maybe summer will be used for testing and
release in beginning of autumn so we have approx 8 months cycle.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla * http://www.asipto.com/ *
http://twitter.com/miconda *
http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielconstantinmierla