[Serusers] Can SER 2.0.0-rc1 pstn.cfg file actually work with BYE from PSTN?

Greger Viken Teigre gregert at teigre.com
Wed Sep 30 18:29:34 CEST 2009

Good to hear that it now works. I don't agree in your analysis.
IMHO, using fix_nated_contact("fixed_IP") is what got you in this mess
in the first place. Leaving that out, SER should be fine using two
interfaces. I know others have done it (I haven't myself), but I assume
pulling out a working example out of their (probably complex) ser.cfg is
the reason for why you haven't received an example on this list.
As Michal points out, it's really all about building the right
Record-Route set in one direction (for route-changing messages) and
constructing the reverse in the other direction (the user agent's
responsbility).
Your problem has been that the last hop towards the user agent uses the
request uri and as you "fixed" the contact, this uri will be wrong.
Unless you have a way of "unfixing" the ruri of the last-hop in-dialog
messages, the message will either loop or go out some other direction
(depending on your ser.cfg).

g-)