[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio not starting - no clue in syslog

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 23:26:26 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 28.09.2009 10:53 Uhr, Anders wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get an error when trying to start Kamailio:
>
> ERROR: PID file /var/run/kamailio.pid does not exist -- Kamailio start failed
>
> I've searched around and found others with the same problem - but they
> usually found a lead to the problem in the syslog. All I get in the
> syslog when trying to start Kamailio is this line:
>
> Sep 28 05:34:01 server /USR/SBIN/CRON[10786]: (root) CMD (echo "call
> kamailio_cdrs();"|/usr/bin/mysql -u xxx -pyyy kamailio >/dev/null)
>
> Any ideas where and how to look?

set debug in your config file to higher value (ex: debug=5) and you
should get more verbose output in the syslog -- that should give you
some hints about the problem. You can send the output here, on the
mailing list, if you still need help.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* Kamailio SIP Masterclass, Nov 9-13, 2009, Berlin
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/