[Kamailio-Users] DNS lookup for requests within dialog

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Sep 26 20:22:49 CEST 2009

El Jueves, 24 de Septiembre de 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
> Hello,
>
> On 24.09.2009 12:10 Uhr, catalina oancea wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In my scenario kamailio is not a registrar, it's just a proxy
> > forwarding requests from asterisk to the provider.
>
> I see.
>
> As Juha said, REGISTER does not create a real dialog, since the contact
> in 200OK is the address of publisher not of destination. So a proxy does
> not have within-dialog like routing information.
>
> So here is a hack you can try:
> - add record route on your proxy

Record-Route in a REGISTER??  :)

> - the provider should add its own record route to REGISTER reply -- if
> it is kamailio, that is simple via append_to_reply() from textops, just
> before save() call.

This "hack" would work just in both, proxy and registrar, are Kamailio. But,
if they are Kamailio then using PATH mechanism is the ellegant and official
solution :)

As far as I understood, the original mail talks about Kamailio as proxy and
Asterisk as registrar behind the proxy. Asterisk is not ready for that
scenario.

Remember that Asterisk is designed to speak with dumb phones, to send calls to
PSTN trunks and to play animal sounds by pressing DTMF's. But you can always
code a PHP AGI to kill a database.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>