[Kamailio-Users] avp_db_query to SELECT a DOUBLE colomn

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Sep 16 11:01:12 CEST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

>>> What do you mean exactly?
>> CREATE TABLE stuff (
>>   id bigint PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL
>> );
>>
>> INSERT INTO stuff VALUES (1);

>> sql_query("ca", "SELECT id FROM stuff", "ra");
>>
>> $dbr(ra=>[0,0]) will be NULL.
>
> sql_...ops!
>
> A bug?

Maybe.  There was mailing list traffic about it when I first reported
it around 1 April 2009.

I do not think it is a bug, but rather the understandable
unwillingness of the implementors to handle every database-specific
data type that might come their way, like 'timestamp', 'inet', etc.

I do think 'bigint' is an important one to handle because there are
some values Kamailio may need to retrieve from time to time that are
simply larger than 32-bit width.  But it's hard to say where the line
should be drawn on special RDBM types, especially since the values
that are represented by user variables, AVPs, hash table, etc. are
ultimately just scalar quantities or strings.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems