[Kamailio-Users] t_realy in failure_route?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Sep 3 00:54:14 CEST 2009

El Jueves, 3 de Septiembre de 2009, Ricardo Martinez escribió:
> Maybe I’m misunderstanding how the failure_route works but with this
>  configuration I was expecting that If I have a 603 from the callee I will
>  do the “next_gateway” configuration.  And If I have a 486 I will put a
>  line in the log and then continue with the t_relay. So.. the 486 will be
>  passed to the caller, but with the final answer from the caller ( ACK ) to
>  the 486.. and I’m getting this error…
> Sep  2 16:43:41 ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: no branch for forwarding

According to RFC 3261 a 6XX response terminates ALL the transactions generated
by the incoming request. This is, a 6XX response breaks/terminates serial and
parallel forking even if there are still more pending branches (those are
cancelled automatically).

This is a bad design (IMHO) as it breaks many common scenarios (as forwarding
to a voicemail server if the called rejects the call => serial forking).

There is a core option to avoid it:

  disable_6xx_block

  http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/tm.html#id2530547

Hope it helps.