[Serusers] Is there a way to strip ";cic=nnnn" from INVITES?

Frank Durda IV frank.durda at hypercube-llc.com
Tue Oct 6 04:09:38 CEST 2009

I am receiving intermittent INVITES from a couple of
sources where the INVITE includes a cic=nnnn.  I need to
strip this off before it reaches the PSTN gateway switch
because that switch will try to use that value.  However,
it appears to be a pseudo-CIC and isn't an assigned
carrier number so it can't be used for routing outside
the network that stuck it in there.  That network should be
stripping it off before the call leaves their network,
but they are not and the call has passed through a few
entities by the time it reaches us, so we don't know whom to
contact about the problem.

Does SER have any mechanism that will strip this ONE item and
leave the rest of the INVITE intact, eg so I can call more
than one hard-coded number?

The documentation I examined (iptel.org SIP Express Router
v0.11.0 -- Admin's Guide, chapter 2.3, page 22) shows functions
to delete or replace everything but attributes following a
semi-colon and preceding the @.   Is there something that is
undocumented?

Sample:  (values altered)

INVITE sip:9615551212;cic=9234 at 208.37.38.39;user=phone SIP/2.0
Need to change that to:
INVITE sip:9615551212 at 208.37.38.39;user=phone SIP/2.0
(and leave any other parameters that might be present intact.)

Thanks in advance for suggestions.