[Serusers] Can SER 2.0.0-rc1 pstn.cfg file actually work with BYE from PSTN?

Greger Viken Teigre gregert at teigre.com
Thu Oct 1 07:39:28 CEST 2009

Frank Durda IV wrote:
> Greger Viken Teigre wrote:
>> Good to hear that it now works. I don't agree in your analysis.
>> IMHO, using fix_nated_contact("fixed_IP") is what got you in this mess
>> in the first place. Leaving that out, SER should be fine using two
>> interfaces.
>
> The problem is that without fix_nated_contact, the Contact address
> seen by at least one party is an address they can't reach, if
> the two interfaces are connected to networks that are really
> isolated.

Well, I think the key point here is that I cannot see why that is a
problem? As long as your SER can resolve the Contact when it is put in
the request uri, you can put whatever you want in Contact (and reverse,
when you "fix" it with fix_nated_contact you cannot resolve the contact
when you receive it back in the BYE). It is not used by any of the
parties when record routing is done. A UAC shall according to RFC3261
send the request to the address in the topmost Route header and only use
the Contact if there are no Route headers (section 12.2).
g-)