[SR-Users] asking odd mediaproxy,,

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Oct 5 16:29:47 CEST 2009

On Mittwoch, 30. September 2009, Rakhmadhany Primananda wrote:
> I've just setting SIP Express Router and Mediaproxy in 1 PC. Then, I'm
> setting in NAT Router that only activated for MASQUERADE like this:
> iptables -A POSTROUTING -s 172.17.2.0/24 -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
>
> NB:I assume in network 10.100.0.0/24 (eth1) as public IP and
> 172.17.2.0/24as private IP.
>
> When I calling with x-lite and activated mediaproxy service, the connection
> running well with 2 direction (full duplex from 10.x.x.x to 172.x.x.x
> conversely).But,when I stopping mediaproxy service (for proving that voice
> packet if pass NAT will connect half duplex or maybe broken),apparently
> this connection still running well with 2 direction
>
> my question,,
> why this happened?
> are having trouble with mediaproxy or SIP Express Router?
> i'm confusing,,

Hi Rakhmadhany,

this sounds indeed a bit strange. Have you confirmed with ngrep or other
network debugging tools that the media data really are routed over the NAT
router? Another thing, have you checked that the mediaproxy server was
actually stopped on the machine, perhaps the command not worked? Just guessing
about some reasons..

Regards,

Henning