[Kamailio-Users] dispatcher failover between two groups

Robert McGilvray rmcgilvr at globeop.com
Fri Oct 16 16:10:41 CEST 2009

Kam 1.5

I'm using dialplan module to return a setid for the matching regex which
is passed onto dispatcher to select the proper gateways. This works fine
including failover to the next gateway in the group in failure_route.
What I can't quite wrap my head around is how I can setup failover
between different dispatcher groups. The scenario is as follows:

2 external PSTN gateways (sip trunks) in group 1

6 internal gateways with PSTN access via PRIs. Two gateways per group
for a total of three separate setids in dispatcher.

I'm doing some LCR across the 6 internal gateways which are all in
different cities via regex matching in dialplan. What I'd like to do is
try one of the internal groups first if it matches the local NPA/NXX,
and if ALL gateways in that group fail move on to the external gateway
group, and try all those gateways (and vice versa in my external
gateways fail for non matching numbers). I thought of two possible
solutions but I'm not sure if either will work how I expect.

1)       Use the priority field in dispatcher to setup a large gateway
group that has all the gateways I want to use.

-          I tested this out in kam 1.5 and the priority field seems to
be ignored when hasing on call-id.

-          What is the intended usage of priority? Will setting two
gateways to 0 and the rest to 10 cause the load balancing functions to
only select the ones with 0? It seems to be ignoring priority and using
all 8 gateways

2)       Once in a failure_route can I move the processing into a
request_route and call ds_select_dst again with a different setid and
append it as a branch?

Is there a cleaner solution?

Bob

This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.