[Kamailio-Users] Having problems using RTPProxy to bridge internal/external networks

Örn Arnarson orn at arnarson.net
Thu Oct 15 10:46:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have exactly the same scenario; no NAT involved. Just trying to
bridge between these two interfaces.

Now, to clarify better what I have done;

As I understand it, force_rtp_proxy / rtpproxy_offer needs to be used
to inform RTP proxy that it will have to relay the packets.

So, that pretty much makes it necessary to use that call. As I
understand it, you can't call both fix_nated_sdp and force_rtp_proxy,
as the SDP will be mangled (two IP addresses, one after the other).
However, I can't get the SDP rewritten properly without using
fix_nated_sdp.

No matter how I call force_rtp_proxy, I can't specify my own IP
address. It works as expected when using fix_nated_sdp though.
Here's how I call it:

force_rtp_proxy("coe","10.252.1.8");

I've tried multiple variants of flags, c, co, o, coe, coi, i, no
flags, etc etc, but no matter what I do, the public interface IP
address does not change to the one supplied in the function, and
remains the public IP address.

So, to summarize;
I can change all the headers to be correct with the fix_nated_sdp function.
When using that function, RTPProxy does not relay the RTP streams.
When I use force_rtp_proxy / rtpproxy_offer, RTPProxy does indeed
relay the streams, but does not alter the SDP IP address information
to the required specifications.

Is there something that I'm missing in the usage of the
force_rtp_proxy function, or is it not working as documented?

Best regards,
Örn