[Kamailio-Users] off-topic :: empty user part of Contact header

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Sun Oct 11 09:28:33 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a little bit off-topic question, but - may be - someone could
give me an advice :-)

One of our users, when replying to INVITE, sends in 200 OK Contact
header without user part:

SIP/2.0 200 OK
CSeq: 102 INVITE
Contact: <sip:1.2.3.4:1234>

instead of:

SIP/2.0 200 OK
CSeq: 102 INVITE
Contact: <sip:user at 1.2.3.4:1234>

and it fools our SIP<->ISUP GW and it generates completely strange R-URI
in ACK :-(

My questions are:

1. Is it valid Contact (without user part)?
2. What SIP<->ISUP GW should do (mirror Contact without user part to
R-URI in ACK, reject/drop 200 OK etc.)? May be I can ask them to change
behaviour...
3. What should do our proxy (drop 200 OK, using htable try to repair
R-URI in ACK or Contact in 200 OK etc.)?
4. ???

Any suggestion is very appreciated :-)

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska