[SR-Users] SR or Kamailio.

Vicente vicente at wipzona.es
Mon Nov 9 12:32:37 CET 2009

    Hi,

    This is my first message to the list. So, sorry if I say something
stupid.

    I've installed sip-router from GIT repository. It is now compiled
and installed. I can see that bins ser, sercmd and ser_mysql.sh has been
copied to /usr/local/sbin. ser runs properly but sercmd tries to
use /tmp/ser_ctl (ERROR: connect_unix_sock: connect(/tmp/ser_ctl): No
such file or directory [2]) while /temp/sip-router_ctl is the socket
generated by ser.

    ser_mysql.sh also fails with error: ./ser_mysql.sh: 326: Bad
substitution

    The INSTALL file on the repository instructs to use serctl utility
to watch server health but no binary has been generated with that name.
Is it replaced by sercmd?

    What is the status of sip-router.org? Is it ready for production? Or
is it a better option to use Kamailio at the moment?

    Best regards.