[Kamailio-Users] /usr/local/sbin/kamdbctl create error

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 18:33:18 CET 2009

Hello,

On 25.11.2009 17:59 Uhr, lazturk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How did you solve this problem bcz I am getting a similar error ;

which one? the one related to no database engine specified or the one
related to mysql socket file?

First: updated the kamctlrc file -- see the comments inside.

Second: check if mysql server is running and if yes, check the mysql
config to see where the server is listening and where the mysql client
tries to connect to. They must be the same.

> Thanks for your feedback.
>

> vivi-8 wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have specify the wanted db type (DBENGINE=MYSQL) in the
>> /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamctlrc
>>
>> then I using "/usr/local/sbin/kamdbctl create"  to create MySQL database,
>> but I got this error:
>>

>> ERROR: database engine not specified, please setup one in the config
>> script
>>
>> root at acer:/usr/local/src/kamailio-1.5.0/sip-server# vim
>> /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamctlrc
>>
>> root at acer:/usr/local/src/kamailio-1.5.0/sip-server#
>> /usr/local/sbin/kamdbctl
>> create
>>
>> MySQL password for root:
>>
>> INFO: test server charset
>>
>> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>> '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
>>
>> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>> '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
>>
>> Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
>>
>> Try `grep --help' for more information.
>>
>> /usr/local/lib/kamailio/kamctl/kamdbctl.mysql: line 112: [: =: unary
>> operator expected
>>
>> INFO: creating database openser ...
>>
>> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>> '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
>>
>> ERROR: Creating core database and grant privileges failed!
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> vivi

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/