[Kamailio-Users] How to configure alias_db_lookup in config script

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 22:40:02 CET 2009

Hi All,

I have a real simple load balancer proxy setup using the dispatcher module,
works great.  I want to do an alias lookup before I send the calls through
to the dispatcher, but I can't seem to find a good example of how that
should be setup in the config script.  I've tried different things, the
aliase_db_lookup is working but if a user is not in the database, the call
loops and does not continue on to the dispatcher.  Here is my current route
script (this does not work):

route{
        # initial sanity checks -- messages with
        # max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
        if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
                sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
                exit;
        };
        if (msg:len >=  2048 ) {
                sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
                exit;
        };

        alias_db_lookup("dbaliases");
        t_on_failure("1");
        t_relay();

        ds_select_dst("1", "4");
        t_on_failure("1");
        t_relay();
}

failure_route[1] {
        ds_next_dst();
        forward();
        }
I think there should be an 'if' 'then' or 'if' 'else' separating the
alias_db_lookup and the ds_select functions, but I'm not sure of the syntax
and where the curly brackets need to be.

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson