[Kamailio-Users] Possible setups question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:10:16 CET 2009

Hello,

On 15.11.2009 20:51 Uhr, Varga Levente wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new to Kamailio so I want to ask a few questions before to be sure
> that I'm not trying to do something that cannot be done using
> Kamailio. The question would be if it is possible to do the following
> things using Kamailio:
> I want to setup the following configuration, two or more Asterisk
> servers with one redundant server in standby using Kamailio to route
> and partition the number. of users in a fixed manner.
> What I mean by that for instance if I have 200 users I want that the
> first 100 user to register and use server number one and the other 100
> user to use the server number two. A user cannot migrate from one
> server to another they have to be always on the designated server from
> start. Kamailio would act as a unified front-end/gateway for the
> client (they will use the same entry point not being aware that there
> a number of Asterisk server beside it). Also there is a need for a N+1
> redudancy scheme, that is if one of the servers fail or get very busy
> the new calls and registration should be redirected to the standby
> server on the fly (user account data replication would be taken care
> of on the spot). Can all this be done using Kamailio as a gateway and
> SIP router?
you can partition your users and have kamailio routing to the apropiate
asterisk system. There are many modules that can be used in this
respect, like pdt, lcr, carrier route or dispatcher, most of them with
built in failure routing functionality. You can implement custom logic
using a database and modules like sqlops to check it.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/