[Kamailio-Users] OpenSER/Kamailio behind NAT

systeo hassen at systeo.biz
Mon Nov 2 17:22:41 CET 2009

Hi, I successfully installed Kamailio on the Amazon computing cloud (EWS),
and it runs fine. However, I can't get to it (register) from any UACs from
the public internet. In amazon, all the instances (i.e. "virtual machines)
are in a "private" IP, kindda like the private IP you get in a LAN. However,
Amazoin gives you a "public IP" that can be mapped to any machine instance
in your account, i.e. the machine that kamailio is running. However, when i
use this public IP in the configuration of the UACs, it cannot get to it.
How can I get kamailio to listen on this public IP?

Secondly, and related to the first, when I run kamailio in my LAN (behind a
router), say on 192.168.1.113, and all my UACs are in the same LAN, say
192.168.1.112, 192.168.1.114, etc, I can register ok and make calls just
fine. However, when I try to come in from the public internet, no UACs can
register to my Kamailio server (running on 192.168.1.113), even though I am
forwarding port 5060 from my router to 192.168.1.113 (where kamailio is
running). I think this problem is related to the first one, in that I cannot
get Openser (kamailio) to listen on a public IP, when it is behing a "LAN".
Can anyone help?

Lastly, the same issue with rtpproxy also behind the LAN, but it needs a
pulic IP, right? Please help...anyonw.

Hassen BEN SLIMA

Analyst developer

TEL : 00216 74 863 507

FAX : 00216 74 863 506

E-MAIL :  <mailto:tarak at systeo.biz> hassen at systeo.biz

Web :  <http://www.systeo.biz> www.systeo.biz

Adresse : Route de Tunis km 10, Technopôle de Sfax - 3021 - Sakiet EZZIT -
Sfax - Tunisie

 <http://www.systeo.biz/> Sans titre-4