[Kamailio-Users] Auth problems with 1.5.1

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Wed May 27 09:21:47 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 07:36:44 Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 05/26/2009 02:03 PM, Saúl Ibarra wrote:
> > Hi Raúl,
> >
> > I'm using 1.5.0 version here with no problem. I see you are using
> > 'password' field to store the password and afaik there the passwords
> > are stored in plaintext. So maybe you can try this:
> >
> > In kamctlrc file check that you STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0.
> > Use the ha1 field for the password:
> >
> > modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", 0)
> > modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "ha1")
> >
> > Add a new user with kamctl so that the hash is generated.
>
> good spot! calculate_ha1 must be set when using plain text password,
>
> Raul, is it working now?

Yes it is working now, but I don't undestand why, because on 1.3.2 I have the
calculate_ha1 = 0 and password_colomn = password, and with plain text
passwords on the DB and with ha1 and hb1 = NULL, and it was working !!

Also, the doc say (or I usdestand in that way ...) ...

" If the parameter is set to 1 and the username parameter of credentials
contains also '@domain' (some user agents append the domain to the username
parameter), then the server will use the HA1 values from the column specified
in the 'password_column_2' parameter. If the username parameter doesn't
contain a domain, the server will use the HA1 values from the column given in
the 'password_column' parameter."

What I undestand from that text is that if I set calculate_ha1 to 1, if a
@domain is part of the auth, ha1 column will be used, if not hb1 will be
used. Those two columns are not plaintext passwords ... moreover the doc
say ...

"If the parameter is set to 0 then the HA1 value will be calculated from the
column specified in the 'password_column' parameter. "

And for me that mean that if I have password_column to "password" (plaintext
password), and calculate_ha1 = 0 ... it should works, and it works on 1.3.2
but not in 1.5.1.
Moreover, Saul told me to set password_column = ha1 and calculate_ha1 = 0 and
from what I unsdestand from the docs, that could not works but it works on
1.5.1 !!! ... as I said, it's working now but I don't undestand why.

Best regards
--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual