[Kamailio-Users] perl module, "pv_sprintf: Memory exhausted!"

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 20 11:42:56 CEST 2009

On Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2009, Christian Koch wrote:
> > you say that processing one INVITE needs 1:30 min? This is way to slow
> > even with memory debugging. I regularly use this for debugging,
> > normally you should not notice a big difference in operation. Do you
> > get any "unusual" messages during the processing of the INVITE with
> > mem debug?

Hi Christian,

> I can't see any unusal messages or errors (beside the fact, that I'm not
> sure what is unusal ;-) ), but even startup is very slow. It needs
> several minutes before we even see all kamailio processes in ps aux.
> Here is one fragment of the startup logfile, where you can see, that
> within one second not really much happens:

This long startup is also a bit unusual. Sure, it needs to allocates some
memory, and this informations needs to be written to syslog, but several
minutes is too slow. Do you read some database content in memory on startup,
like a huge location table, or a big carrierroute route tree with several
hundreds of MB?

> May 20 09:42:20 AmbriaSip1 kamailio: params (0x81677e0, 96), called from
> route_struct.c: mk_action(106)
> [..]
> May 20 09:42:22 AmbriaSip1 kamailio: params (0x81677e0, 12), returns
> address 0x81b4004 frag. 0x81b3fec (size=12) on 1 -th hit
>
> The logfile is full with this kind of messages.
> The load of the machine (Xeon dualcore @3GHz) goes up to 2, but using
> top we can't see that kamailio is using much CPU time (sometimes about
> 20%, but not more).

So in which processes is the rest of the CPU time spend?

Cheers,

Henning