[Kamailio-Users] kamailio multi-domain

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu May 14 16:35:41 CEST 2009

On Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2009, karhu wrote:
> First of all i would like to say i am a newbee in Kamailio :).

Hi Karhu,

welcome. :-)

> Here is my network configuration :
>
> User 1                                                        User2
> 10.10.10.3   10.10.10.2       192.168.0.2          192.168.0.10
> -----------------*KAMAILIO*-----------------
>
> User1 and User2 are registered in mysql.

You mean you've added the users to the subscriber table?

> When i installed Kamailio, i edited kmctlrc to have SIP_DOMAIN =
> 10.10.10.2.
>
> I am using XLite Siphone for both users. When User 1 is registering to
> Kamailio there is no problem, but when User2 try to do the same i get 407
> Proxy Authentication Required..

You've enabled auth in the cfg given below, so this is the expected behaviour.
Your UA should reply with the proper credentials, then the call should be
established. Take a look to the log file of the kamailio, and do a sip trace
(e.g. with ngrep -W byline port 5060) to get more information about the
eventual problem.

> What i would like to do is User1 call User2 trough kamailio. Obviously i
> activated nathelper module and started rtpproxy.
> Do i need to configure multi-domain module ?

Normally you only need to enable multi-domain support (there is no such a
thing as multi-domain module) if you want to serve multiple domains where
you've some overlapping the user sets, e.g.

- user1 at domain1
- user1 at domain2

In this case then you need to look also to the domain in order to differ
between both.

Cheers,

Henning