[Kamailio-Users] xmpp, Jabber or Purple module?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue May 12 11:43:36 CEST 2009

On Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009, Joao Gomes Pereira wrote:
> I would like to create a gateway to allow my Kamailio clients to
> send/receive Jabber messages, but I don't know which of these 3 modules
> should I use: xmpp, Jabber or Purple.
> Is xmpp module enough?

Hi Joao,

have not used any of the modules yet, but perhaps i can offer some general
advice. The jabber module is the oldest of the three modules, its more or less
in a deprecated state. The xmpp module is a good choice if you would like to
interconnect only to XMPP. The purple module is the newest, and supports also
additional protocols, so i'd choose this if you plan to interconnect to other
protocols in the future. So i think its probably a matter of maturity (xmpp)
vs. flexibility (purple).

Hope that helps,

Henning