[Serusers] (no subject)

Bill McNamara billmc at connectmevoice.com
Fri Mar 20 13:28:11 CET 2009

We are having something of an issue with lookup_user() and
lookup_contacts().

Our UA's are added to the proxy using "ser_ctl user add
1234567890 at ourdomain.com -p password" which works great

And the UA's register just fine.

When a call comes in from a carrier, the invite is for
1234567890 at 12.34.56.78 where 12.34.56.78 is the IP address of our proxy.

When we do a lookup to see if the call is destined for a local user via
lookup_user("$tu.uid","@ruri") it fails because the registration is done
using the URL and not the IP address.

If I add the same user for the IP address domain, "ser_ctl user add
1234567890 at 12.34.56.78 -p password", the lookup_user() works, but the
lookup_contacts(0 never does.

I have tried adding aliases in the ser.cfg file:

alias=12.34.56.78

alias=proxy.ourdomain.com

but it does not work.

I'm new to SER and the documentation I have been able to locate does not
really address this issue, if, in fact, it really is an issue.

If anyone could point me to something that will help me work through
this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill McNamara

billmc at connectmevoice.com