[Serusers] Record-Route issues

Stephen Helfen steve_helfen at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:57:33 CET 2009

I have a 0.9.6 SER proxy running and one particular UA that is creating some problems with a RECORD-ROUTE header I am not handling correctly.  Here is how I have my record_route configured (XXXs are replaced by my actual proxy IP):

if (!(uri=~^"sip:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"))
   {
      record_route_preset("XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5060;nat=yes");
   };

When inbound traffic arrives for this particular UA, the INVITE is passed along.  when the 200 OK comes back, there is a Record-Route header that looks like this (YYYs are replaced with the UA's public IP):

RECORD-ROUTE: <sip:YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY:5060;lr;transport=udp>

Instead of adding a new Record-Route header with my IP before this one, the message is simply proxied back to the call origination.  The ACK is then sent DIRECTLY to the UA, bipassing my proxy...as well as the BYE/200 OK that terminates the call....thus rendering my stateful proxy as stateless.

Can I remove the RECORD-ROUTE that my terminating UA is attaching?  If not, why am I not adding my own Record-Route header like normal?

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Steve