[Kamailio-Users] [LCR] About ping

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Mar 20 21:36:53 CET 2009

El Viernes, 20 de Marzo de 2009, Ovidiu Sas escribió:
> >  > - Why ping_interval cannot be less than 180 seconds?
> >
> > i don't know.  the ping stuff was contributed by another author.
>
> It should be configurable via a param

Well, there is already a param "pin_interval" to set the... ping interval. But
for now ifyou set a value less than 180 then it is set to 180.
IMHO it makes no sense having both parameters:
- ping_interval = 100
- max_ping_interval = 80
XD

> >  > - In case of failure_route and "next_gw()", is the used gw (failing
> > gw) > automatically marked as down? (it would be useful so we don't need
> > to > wait "fr_timer" seconds for each request during "ping_interval").
> >
> > it might be possible to write a function that you could call
> > (from failure route) to mark the current gw offline.
>
> Or/and a function that will return the status of a particular gw.
> Before relaying, the script can check the availability of the gw and
> call the next_gw() if neccessary.

That's already done by "load_gws()" function. It only loads gws marked as
active.
What I mean is that setting online/offline is done when the ping
successes/fails, and it would be nice to set a gw as "offline" manually after
failure_route and so (without the need of waiting the ping action to be
executed, which could take many seconds yet).

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo