[Kamailio-Users] I don't want "rpid" column but get an ERROR in "auth_db"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Mar 18 14:55:56 CET 2009

Hi, I don't want/need the "rpid" column in "subscriber" table but if I
delete it I get an error:

-------
Mar 18 14:49:47 [22377] ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_submit_query: driver
error on query: Unknown column 'rpid' in 'field list'
Mar 18 14:49:47 [22377] ERROR:core:db_do_query: error while submitting query
Mar 18 14:49:47 [22377] ERROR:auth_db:get_ha1: failed to query database
-------

After readin "auth" module documentation I've found a parameter:

------------
rpid_avp (string)

Full AVP specification for the AVP which stores the RPID value. It
used to transport the RPID value from authentication backend modules
(auth_db or auth_radius) or from script to the auth function
append_rpid_hf and is_rpid_user_e164.
If defined to NULL string, all RPID functions will fail at runtime.
------------

I expected that if I set:
  modparam("auth", "rpid_avp", "NULL")

then "auth_db" module wouldn't require "rpid" column, but I must be
wrong since I get an error:
------
ERROR:auth:init_rpid_avp: malformed or non AVP NULL AVP definition
------

So, is there any way to avoid "rpid" column usage?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>