[Kamailio-Users] Using Asterisk as media server

Geoffrey Mina geoffreymina at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:10:42 CET 2009

I tend to not agree with some of what people are saying here.  We have
deployed a Kamailio/Asterisk platform with GREAT success.  Although, I
have the luxury of having many asterisk servers to achieve a common
goal.  I have found asterisk to be VERY stable, I am running 1.4.23.
The FastAGI and AMI features of asterisk make it VERY easy to build
highly complex and robust applications which sit one level removed
from the media processor.  We generally process hundreds of thousands
of calls each day, with our heaviest day on record reaching well over
3 million calls in an 18 hour period... all this with a
Kamailio/Asterisk stack.

I think it all depends on the goals and requirements of a particular
project, but I can say with full confidence that I would choose the
same path if given the opportunity to do it all over again.

Just my $0.02

:)