[Kamailio-Users] Problem starting Kamailio

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 17 13:35:46 CET 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009, Sara EL KABIRI wrote:
> > yes, it seems to work fine now. :-) The error with the FIFO is nothing to
> > worry about, you can easily fix it when you include the necessary
> > statements
> > to the cfg. You need a loadmodule and a modparam statement for the fifo
> > module, take a look at the default cfg for an example.
> >
> Thanks a lot for your help. I'm grateful :-)
> About the mi_fifo module, i've checked that in my cfg file before, and the
> loadmodule and modparam statements are set correctly...
>
> *loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"
> modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/kamailio_fifo")*

Hi Sara,

this is strange. If you increase the debug level to 4, you should see some
message about the module loading. Is the mi_fifo module correctly loaded?
Perhaps you configured another path in another modparam statement, so that
the first one is overwritten, and subsequently not found from the ctl
command?

Cheers,

Henning