[Kamailio-Users] Using Asterisk as media server

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Mar 16 21:41:46 CET 2009

No, nothing needs to be modified.

However, in this scenario you are limited to Asterisk's performance
characteristics in terms of the number of concurrent calls that can be
handled.  Just about any media relay will be much more scalable and
lightweight.

Asterisk is a PBX and a nice feature server.  You don't build SIP
service delivery platforms out of Asterisk used as a general-purpose
call router.