[Kamailio-Users] Using fr_inv_timer_avp

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 16:17:56 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Henning Westerholt
<henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 March 2009, mayamatakeshi wrote:
>> - if I try to set the timer to something bigger than 60 seconds, the
>> setting doesn't work and it seems the default value is used instead (I
>> tested this with both hard-coding the assignment in the cfg and
>
> Looking to the source code i can't confirm this at the moment. Can you perhaps
> test with debug mode enabled, and look for the "FR_INV_TIMER =" string? Do
> you get an error that the string can be converted to an integer?

Hello, Henning,
actually, my interpretation of the problem was wrong. Enabling
debugging and checking a trace of the messages I realized the problem
is that the softphone (a Nokia E51) resends"180 Ringing" exactly 60
seconds after sending the first one. This caused fr_inv_timer to
reset. So the customized timeout was not happening and I was mislead
to believe the timer cannot be set to values over 60 seconds.
I was not aware of the parameter restart_fr_on_each_reply.
So I set it to 0 (disabled) and now everything is OK. Sorry for wrong report.

regards.
takeshi