[Kamailio-Users] DID assignment & routing

Robert McGilvray rmcgilvr at globeop.com
Thu Mar 12 15:01:40 CET 2009

I'm deploying Kamailio in an enterprise environment and I'm looking for
a better way to handle the mapping of external DIDs to SIP usernames,
number re-writing etc. I'm currently using ENUM in my test setup but I'd
prefer to go with SQL storage and have that data written out to a faster
database for lookups by Kamailio. I have a mix of users that register
directly to the proxy and also several PBXs that I need to route blocks
of numbers to through Cisco routers. For location A I would need to
route any four digit number that starts with a 3 (3759), EXCEPT ones
specifically defined in my database since they might be mapped directly
to a user. Also for any outbound call (9 prefix) I need to check the DB
to see if it's local.

If I move to DB storage how do I handle things like parallel/sequential
forking? ENUM makes it very easy - for example:

1.0.0.0.1               NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip"
"!^.*$!sip:8700 at 172.20.152.132!" .

                        NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip"
"!^.*$!sip:901191986701####@172.20.152.132!" .

                        NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip"
"!^.*$!sip:901191996700####@172.20.152.132!" .

If I have a SIP user "bob at domain.com" a simple location lookup works for
that, but I also need to be able to map a e.164 did to him, and a short
form with just the last 4 digits for my internal dialing. I would need a
database schema that does the equivalent to this:

0.1.5.3.3.9.2.4.1.9.1   NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip"
"!^.*$!sip:bobm at domain.com!" .

0.1.5.3                      NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip"
"!^.*$!sip:bobm at domain.com!" .

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

This email with all information contained herein or attached hereto may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and immediately delete this email in its entirety and any attachments thereto.
(W1)