[Kamailio-Users] LCR With 300,000 Routes

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Mar 10 17:54:05 CET 2009

On Monday 09 March 2009, Geoffrey Mina wrote:
> I have spec'd out how my LCR table would look based my current PSTN
> gateway providers. Looks like I would need to load roughly 300,000
> routes to properly represent everything.
>
> This server needs to be able to support spikes of 100 call setups per
> second.
>
> What is the general consensus on this?  And, if it's a No-Go, what
> alternatives do I have?  I have looked briefly at the CarrierRoute
> module, but haven't actually played with it.

Hi Geoffrey,

i did some tests with cr with this size of the routing tree, there are also
some people that uses it with even more routes. Make sure that you increase
the shared memory size (should be not a problem with today memory sizes) a
bit, and use a 1.4.x or 1.5.x release. Then it should run just fine. I can't
really comment on the LCR module, did not used it after the refactoring for
1.5.0.

Cheers,

Henning