[Kamailio-Users] lcr-module, ping and load_gws_from_grp (kamailio 1.5)

Stefan Prelle stefan.prelle at qsc.de
Tue Mar 10 08:51:23 CET 2009

Hi Juha,

Am Dienstag, den 10.03.2009, 05:09 +0200 schrieb Juha Heinanen:
> stefan,
>
> i would like to add, that load_gws_from_grp does not care about the prefix
> nor if a gw in the group is currently declared dead.
>
> the latter could be considered a bug, i.e., it should skip dead gws.
> liveness test feature was not added by me and i overlooked this when i
> applied the patch.

I tried this on our live system and noticed a shift in the traffic
distribution. From what I figured this is not related to liveness tests.
load_gws_from_grp definetly returned gateways from another group.

Formerly I used the openser-1.3.2, now I upgraded to kamailio-1.5.0.
The entries in the database (of course the tables have been upgraded) of
lcr and gw are still the same, so I guess something must have changed.

I see if I can strip that down to an easier example that reproduces the
effect.

Regards,
  Stefan