[Kamailio-Users] Newb doco request

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 20:00:06 CET 2009

Hello,

have you checked the default config file that comes with 1.5.0 - it has
guidelines and pieces of configuration you can enable to get accounting,
nat traversal, auth...

You can find a tutorial of how to install kamailio 1.5.0 from svn here:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:kamailio-1.5.x-from-svn

On 03/05/2009 08:35 PM, carl Lougher wrote:
> Ha ha thanks guys. Who wants the 25cents?
>
> Ok i dont have an issue with Asterisk/Trixbox as i've been using that for years. I also dont have an issue with Kamailio installation. The issue i have though is that being a newbie to Kamailio i am struggling to understand and come up with a cfg file to allow the following.
>
> 1.To allow Kamailio to accept calls from a specific asterisk/trixbox (authentication would be best).
> 2.To forward all calls from Kamailio to the Sip provider (how do i set that up? No auth required for sip provider).
> 3.To apply rtp proxy or nathelper if required.
> 4.To send cdrs to a mysql database.
>
> I've had several attempts at writing stuff to the route part of the cfg file but it always fails to load. Is the best method to find the failure to use /var/log/messages?
>
> Thats about it and oh my amazon purchase of "Building Telphony systems with Openser" book turned up today so hopefully reading that might make a difference.
>
> Taff..

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com