[Kamailio-Users] Redundancy and fault-tolerance

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Mar 3 12:51:29 CET 2009

2009/3/3 Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>:
>> DBRD for MyDWL data replication? that's really dangerous. Even if you
>> do a simple "scp" of a MyISAM database between two
>> similar hosts, the copy will become "not optimized".
>
> Hi Iñaki,
>
> what do you mean by not optimized? If the slave is not active (not running)
> and one use DRDB just for synchronizing the data, how this could be
> dangerous?

Simpler than that. Forget DB replication stuff. I just mean that if
you have a MySQL 1 with a large MyISAM table and you copy it to other
server using "scp/rsync", you will get a non optimized or corrupted
table (even if both servers have same CPU, architecture and file
system).

I've experimented it by copying with "rsync" a 2 GB long MyISAM table.
After restarting the MySQL-2 and run a SQL command to check tables
[1], you probably will get a "NOT OPTIMIZED TABLE" and you must to
repair it. This is the best case.

PD: This is based on my experience with MySQL. However I'have no too
much knowledge on it.

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/check-table.html

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo